Auto Upgrades

Bought new tires at Costco last week.   They will be installed on Thursday.   Got a new car stereo today with HD radio and BlueTooth.  Stereo is ridiculously complicated and will take some getting used to.   I could not even figure out the power button without having to look at the manual.

The tires were a safety must-have.   My car is rear-wheel drive and tends to spin out on slippery wet pavement.  I have no intention of driving it in the snow—especially since my apartment driveway would be the worst piece of road around when it came to driving uphill around two sharp shaded corners.   That is okay.   It does not snow here that much and I don’t have to be somewhere else everyday.

This was the first time I bought a car stereo in 34 years.  Mostly I just want to listen to the radio and I was having some static/distortion problems with my factory setup.   Much like many other digital devices, the in-dash radio units (“heads”) are incredibly inexpensive.   Speakers and labor was 80% of the cost.  As soon as I figure out how to use the stereo and get it setup in a way that works for me, I am sure I will like it a lot.  It will be more radio and also USB drives loaded with music.   I will surely listen to many more 12-step speakers while driving around via my smart phone storage or an mp3 player.


I am grateful to able to maintain my car in good running order and for modern audio devices with digital smarts.

No comments:

Post a Comment