Cheese

I love cheese.   Mostly the classic Americana dairy varieties like cheddar, Swiss, pepper jack, sharp, etc.  Not much for exotic flavors of cheese that are stinky or gooey.  I do like blue cheese for salad dressing and some cooking uses.

In teens, my father would bring home cheese from New Zealand.  Big giant 6 pound sausage shaped logs of yellow cheese.  I thought it was one step above government cheese at the time.  Why else would they sell such big rounds?   Turns out that it was a pretty nice smoked Gouda-like cheese.  They don’t even sell cheese like that in local volume stores like Costco or restaurant supply stores.  I had no idea how good I had it as a kid.

I am grateful for all the delicious varieties of cheese.  Tonight it was pepper jack on ground beef patties.  Delicious!


No comments:

Post a Comment