Checking In



It has been 16 days since my last Gratitude blog post.  It was a good time to take a break.  I am not yet ready to return to daily posting.  I did want to write a short post and say “hi” to my blogging world.

This month my burn went from nearly healed to a closed wound to having like a mild case of road rash on fragile skin.  The wound reopened about 10 days ago.  Lea has been changing the dressing every other in the same way that the visiting nurse was doing last month.  It is healing much faster now that it was then due to having a much better skin bed underneath it with vastly improved blood flow.

I will go to my regular MD tomorrow.  She may or may not take a look at it.  For all 100+ times I have seen this MD over the years, she rarely examines my body directly.   Mostly it is the lab test result for the anticoagulant Coumadin that she checks.

I am grateful to be doing well, for longer warmer spring days and for all the support that others have given me along the way.


1 comment:

  1. It is good your wound is healing and that you got some respite and relaxed, the sunshine and warmer weather probably helped enormously..it is hot and humid in our tiny town and predicted hotter and more humidity a big drought for sure..GOD'S BLESSINGS AND CONTINUED SOBRIETY MISSED YOUR BLOG A LOT! ciao!

    ReplyDelete