Officially Healed

I went to the burn clinic at Harborview today.  My burn has been deemed officially healed.  There is a tiny spot that was still open that they chemically cauterized closed with a dab of silver nitrate. 

After burning myself on 1/15, getting surgery on 1/22, and being released from the hospital on 1/29, its been slow progress to make it this far.  It was well worth the effort compared with all other outcomes except the one where I did not lose a part of my graft resulting in having been healed in about two weeks instead of two months. 

I again explained to the burn unit director that her nurse practitioner did a piss poor job of listening to my concerns regarding how best to deal with the complexities caused by my being paralyzed.  She agreed to discuss them with him.  In the past she had defended his choices.


I am grateful to be mostly healed and not having to have daily visits by the home health care nurse anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment