a trusted mechanic

I have been taking my old used cars to the same auto repair shop for the last ten years. It has changed owners twice in that time. The second owner did not last long and I never had them do repairs on my car. The third owner has run the shop for the last 6 years. He is a really nice guy named Ali with the eponymous Ali’s Automotive in Bellevue.

A headlamp in my burned out the other day. I got a new pair of the top-rated replacement bulbs from Amazon at a great price. In theory, the bulbs are easily replaced with no tools needed. In practice, it was cold, dark and dreary when I tried to replace the burned-out bulb today at 4 PM. It did not go well. Rather than fight it risking problem escalation by damaging other parts, I called Ali’s and scheduled a needed oil change for tomorrow. While I am there, I will have both bulbs replaced.

It is a comforting feeling to have a trusted mechanic that will do the job correctly the first time, not upsell me nor ‘create‘ problems. While I am there, I will also have them give my car a once-over for any needed pro-active repairs for winter driving—there is a good chance they would do that without being asked. I will be explicit and ask them to look it over.

Ali’s Auto is in an auto repair ghetto that was slated to be rebuilt into a light-rail station and mini-urban neighborhood north of Bel-Red road near 130th Ave NE. That plan was quashed due in part to tough economic times. Ali opened a second shop in Woodinville. I vastly prefer having the shop located a short 10 minute drive from my place.

I am extremely grateful for an honest reliable mechanic conveniently located near me with good prices and great service.

Ali’s Bellevue Automotive

http://www.bellevueautorepair.com/

Woodinville

http://woodinvilleautorepair.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment