not watching TV news

I almost never watch broadcast TV nor TV news. For a change of pace this morning, I decided to flip through the channels on morning TV. The local FOX affiliate was running a local news show.

I happened to catch the weatherman. He talked about the remnants of the worst storm to hit Alaska in the last 100 years bearing down on Washington State. The forecast was for rain, wind and below normal temperatures—until March! It was the gloomiest weather forecast I have ever heard. Even hurricanes and tornadoes go away after a couple of days.

For the second year in a row, we have a La Nina weather system that will cause the jet-stream to flow from the north Pacific straight to Puget Sound. That never happens three years in a row (I hope). The good news is that this particularly storm set will only last for nine days.

I am grateful that I rarely watch TV news. It is way too sensationalistic and fear-mongering for me to use as a reliable source of information.

1 comment:

  1. We plan our travel for the winter months. Anywhere sunny, warm or cold, is good for me.

    ReplyDelete