Helped a friend with his PC today

A friend thought he had problems with his PC fan and asked me to come take a look. I got there, he turned it on and it was fine. Let it run for awhile, rebooted the PC a couple of times—no problem.

I have 3 PCs that all work fine. When they don't work correctly, I fix them right away.

A year ago, it was predicted that Microsoft would release Windows 8 in 2011. Now the release prediction is for late 2012. When the W8 Beta is released I will buy a new PC. Not because I need a faster one (although I am sure that I do), but because one PC is a bit too noisy for me. MS Office is also supposed to have a 2012 release.

A great thing about living on the Eastside is having friends that work at MS. They will give me software that they are able to buy at the company store with their significant employee discount.

I am grateful that I understand PCs well enough to be able to help others and, even more importantly, keep my PCs running at all times.

No comments:

Post a Comment