A great day for a picnic at the lake...and more

Today was the local intergroup picnic at Lake Sammamish State Park. It was a perfect day with clear skies, 80 degrees and a slight breeze. The turnout was good, the food was great, the people were friendly and we passed out lots of bottled water with cute little Happy Birthday District 34 stickers on them.

After the picnic, coming home to a clean apartment thanks to my friend Shawna was a treat followed by a walk with Leslee at the Mall made for a great Sunday afternoon.

Tonight's meeting was on the 8th tradition Twelfth Step works should always be nonprofessional, but our service centers may employ special workers. It was a great time to talk about the 8th Tradition after the picnic since there was one staff person there and 150 others that volunteer one way or another. We also had our business meeting after the regular meeting. We discussed the 4 motions to be presented at the Area Assembly this year. One motion was to request that the Grapevine put together a collection of stories on Gratitude. Guess who wrote that??? J

I am grateful for the good things in my life. I am also grateful for the fantastic progress I have made this year in being able to recognize all the blessings in my life instead of being stuck wallowing in my self-pity and morbid reflection.

No comments:

Post a Comment