Root Canal

Got the second half of my second root canal completed today by a student Endodondist at the UW School of Dentistry.  I was in the chair for about 7 hours for a job that takes a working professional about an hour.  The student had a nice touch and I tried to sleep through as much as possible.   I was extremely lucky to not have this be a horribly painful situation.  My tooth was sore.  Lidocaine reduced the pain to a negligible level.

I had a root canal done 6 years ago in Redmond.   That costs $1100 and took a few minutes since my dentist had already done most of the work.   This root canal cost $780 and took 7 hours.   I am sure rates have gone up considerably.

Now I need to get a crown installed by a dentist.  Not my favorite way to spend time.  I do love having all my original teeth (sans wisdom teeth) and am willing to go to some lengths to avoid losing the first one to rot or decay.

I am blessed and grateful to have nice straight teeth that are generally in good health and pain-free.


No comments:

Post a Comment