A Much Better Sense of Community



Spent the morning at the mall with our regular group of 5 people.  We exchanged Xmas cards and small gifts.  Bought some gift cards for others while there.   Went to a noon meeting and greeted all 20ish men in the room by going around the room and shaking their hand.  Saw my old friend Paul from Tri-cities who is town for Xmas.   He took me to my only Seahawk game in the new Century Link stadium eight years ago.

I have always had a problem bonding with other people in my life.  In my world-view,  I can attribute all personality issues in life be attributed to nature or nurture.  I am darned sure I missed out on a lot of nurturing throughout my childhood.    Part of my recovery is to re-parent my inner child so that it lives in a much more loving and secure world.   That is best done with the help of many other kind people that love in a healthy way while I reach out to help others.   It takes a village.

My relationships with others are now by far and away the best they have been in my life.   I am grateful for their love and support as they show me how to live.


No comments:

Post a Comment