All I Need



It is crazy era to be living in.  According to Oxfam, next year 1% of the people will own more than half the world’s wealth.  That is a huge increase in 7 years.  In 2009, they owned 44% of the wealth.   Looks like trickle-down economics did not work as promised… 


Since getting paralyzed at 22, I only worked about 7 years of my adult life.   Thanks to the blessings being hurt on a job covered by workmen’s compensation insurance, I got a pension that allows me to live in a nice apartment in a somewhat expensive city with a car, heat, clean running water, reliable electricity and plenty of food to eat (maybe way too much food).

Those are all great things.  One thing that my cohorts often take for granted is the security of having those resources.  There is little danger of no clean water, food or being invaded happening in my lifetime.   That is a tremendous amount of emotional security in not having to worry about fleeing for my life like what happened in China when I was a kid, Eastern Europe during the Soviet era, Central America, SE Asia, Africa and the middle-east since the dawn of history.

I am grateful to have all I need with no anxiety about whether it will still be here tomorrow or next year.  Thank god for a stable prosperous place to live and the means to do it.   It is a HUGE blessing.


1 comment:

  1. You are extremely blessed to get workmans comp. in Washington it is very difficult, I live next door to two men who worked for the state in workmans comp. they are retired and we see them often..They have told me stories my hair almost fell out, but nothing like Oregon whereby you nearly have to be killed to get anything at all like Washington state..My bil who got his ptsd to 75% after 37 years has outlasted what the VA thought he would live, I hope he lives to 100 he so deserves it..Lucky I guess he lives in Oregon we had to go to the Governor(s) and to Parry Murray to get him his VA ptsd benefits and he got them, he is going on year 9 come January 2016 or is it 10 full years can't remember it was very difficult to get his ptsd benefits but he got them and he works every day he can! You are lucky to live in Bellevue and near the largest city in the state Seattle to get good dentistry and other benefits we live in a city by the river into god-forsaken Oregon, we hope you appreciate each day what you have..

    ReplyDelete