Joined the Apple Mac Universe

My new car stereo has a variety of inputs including CD, AM/FM radio, Sirius, Spotify, Pandora, Bluetooth, USB and a 2.5mm audio jack.  My goal when buying the stereo was a better FM radio experience.  I hate commercials.   Now my goal is to play MP3 files.  

A USB stick would work but it is in linear order from start to finish one at a time.   A cheap MP3 was better but was still seriously lacking in user-friendly controls.   It was impressive to have 64GB on a $40 device,

The stereo was clearly designed to work with Apple univers in the iPhone, iPad and iPod domains.   I broke down and bought my first Apple product yesterday.  $pendy and attractive.  I am copying my MP3 files over and will give it a try in the car later this week.   I hope it works out so that I get the music playing experience I am seeking—constant sequential music with little need to do more than skip songs I am not in the mood for.

Getting my files transferred over called for installing an iTunes program on my PC and getting the iPod sync’ed to my PC along with some help from Google.

I am grateful for sophisticated tech devices, being able to afford said devices, and the tech literacy to make them work with a small amount of time and effort.



No comments:

Post a Comment