Living Conveniently Close to a Major Airport

I drove Greg to SeaTac Airport to his new job in Chicago this morning.  In light traffic, it is only 15-20 minutes to SeaTac from my apartment.  He was hired on Friday and starts work on Monday.  The amount of technology to make that happen is mind-boggling.  He found the job on the web via a technical recruiter due to his knowledge of AutoCad.  His hotel and plane ticket were paid for by real-time credit card payments.  He called me on his cell phone while traveling west by commuter train (the El?  Googling reveals it is the Metra now).  I answered the call on one of five cordless handsets in my apartment working off a single base unit.

I am grateful the miracles of modern technology that make the world a smaller place to travel in distance, time and energy.


No comments:

Post a Comment