a warm first day of Fall

The 23rd was the first day of Fall. Today was a warm sunny muggy day with clear skies. After a cool cloudy Spring and Summer, it was a treat to get off to a good weather start for a new season this year.

My future tripping leads me to miss the sun more than warranted at this point. There will still be 4 more minutes of sun-up than sun-down today thanks to the equilux effect which is the apparent diameter of sun being larger than a single point in the sky.

On my way to a meeting tonight, I was blessed with the beauty of a tree with scarlet autumn leaves lit by the golden glow of the evening sun. From the shadows, I paused to enjoy the study in colors. It was a good time to be present in the moment.

I am grateful for warm days and the great natural beauty of the changing seasons here in Western Washington.

No comments:

Post a Comment