choices for what to do next

My life is simple, easy and pleasant. I am blessed with a pension that provides financial security. The big decision in my life is what to do next, and after that, and so on. The choices are whatever I want to do (within the limits of my abilities & resources).

Today was the first rainy day of Fall. My response was to hang out at home surfing the web, watching TV, enjoying a fresh salad and leftover pasta with hot Italian sausage for dinner.

The next two days are supposed to be relatively warm (compared with the rest of the year). I am considering a trip to Vancouver, BC. Weather.com predicts the temperatures to be in the mid-sixties and sunny for the next two days.

The other choices are read books, work my way through the exercises on Flourish by Seligman, meet with friends, go to meetings, work on a gratitude booklet (needs to be done in the next week), watch TV, go to a museum or whatever else I might want to do.

On Friday I will see my GP-MD, Dr Lucy, for the last time at the local clinic for my monthly protime blood test. Next month, she will be practicing at the University Village Clinic since that is a lot closer to home for her. I really like her a lot. Dr Lucy has been my GP for 10ish years and we have a great relationship.

I don't like the idea of driving the 520 bridge to see my GP. Combining appointments at the U-Village with my monthly luncheon with Dan might work. We will see. While I am losing the convenience of seeing a doctor I really like at a nearby clinic, her new clinic isn't really that much further away. I can also get a new doctor at the old clinic. There will be change. My choices are good.

I am grateful for the decisions to be made in my life these days. Current choices generally involve making my life more pleasant, more fun or better. I am blessed to get to choose between activities I want to do instead having to make a Hobson's choice between the lesser of two evils.

No comments:

Post a Comment