something new for me…stable relationships

I had my teeth cleaned today at the same dentist's office that I have been going to for the last 13 years. Next week, I will go see my doctor at the same clinic I have been going to for about 20 years. I have lived in this apartment for almost 8 years. All of those relationships are adult life longevity records for me.

The dental hygienist is 49. She got to talking about her next birthday being the 'big one' meaning turning 50 years old. Being 52, I assured her that life got better after 50. For me, it is a matter of accepting the status quo in my life and being okay with who I am. I am still evolving internally as a person. The externalities have become stable as exemplified by the increasing length of my relationships.

Last week I read a short book on personal change by Ralph Bruksos called Turning Change Into A Payday: Re-inventing Yourself Through The Eight Stages of Change. The book had a challenge in it that I am taking to heart. It talked about failure being a vital part of personal growth. I have a project that I wanted to do but was hesitating on due to possible negative feedback/criticism from others. My project was to create a short booklet on gratitude to hand out to others at a weekend conference in October. I will let you know how that goes!

I am grateful for the stable relationships in my life today.

No comments:

Post a Comment