The Crossroad's Farmers Market

It was a warm sunny September Tuesday and the Crossroad's Farmers Market was open. Charlie and I wandered through the booths of about 20 local farmers with fresh produce, fruits and products for sale. The prices are a bit higher at the farmers markets that I have toured compared with local grocers. The fruit is peaked at the peak of ripeness and freshness in a way the bigger stores can't possibly match.

I tried beef jerky, a white nectarine and an artisan chocolate macaroon. The beef jerky was $40/lb. The nectarine was delicious. The macaroon made me wonder if the other flavors tasted better.

We will likely start meeting at the mall on Tuesdays to have our get-togethers coincide with a trip to the farmers market located in the back parking lot.

Today Charlie and I read from Flourish. A book about how to improve well-being (happiness + satisfaction) with the latest research from positive psychology. We were keyed-up after a invigorating reading and discussion.

I am grateful for friends, fresh foods, sunny days and choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment