More time at the WSR

Blog postings can be sequentially challenged in that this is the top post on the blog when I load it, but builds on previously posted material. This is another post on my prison meeting experience at the WSR.

I love my 2nd Thursday of the month meetings at the WSR. Leslie, Lisa and I meet at the Alano Club and carpool to the WSR. Tonight's carpool conversation on the way to the meeting was about their jobs and my readings from Martin Seligman from his book Learned Optimism.

The meeting topic is always from the Daily Reflections. Today was about living one day at a time. I discussed learning to be (much more) mindful as I go through the day. As always, it was a great meeting with 5 outside members and 6 inmates in attendance. One inmate was new to the meeting and did not share. I spoke with him after the meeting. He sounded a lot like me when I first started going to meetings 12 years ago. It gave me chills to listen to him talk about how 'terminally unique' he felt from everyone else at the WSR. We had a great talk on the way home after getting loaded up on recovery energy at the meeting.

My optimism is growing by leaps and bounds. It is a change in beliefs and behavior for me to cook using a recipe. I was optimistic that it would come out at least okay. I tried a new recipe tonight for poached chicken. It was delicious. I will try the sous-vite method with other foods.

I am grateful for a good day today.

No comments:

Post a Comment