Another good day

Today was a good day. The luckiest part of my day was being able to drive 10 miles to get a bolt removed from my tire without getting a flat—was not sure how that was going turnout! I visited with a friend on her lunch break, had lunch at Costco while waiting for the tire to be repaired and/or replaced (it was okay once they pulled the bolt out), got some cat food, kitty litter and groceries while at Costco and then went to see my mother. I gave mom a big bouquet of flowers (note to self, she needs a bigger vase) and chatted with her for an hour.

I gave mom the book Learned Optimism last week. It was nowhere to be found this week. Good thing I bought 4 copies of that book. She moved into an upscale assisted living facility last month. Today I got to hear about things going missing. She has a 4-drawer filing cabinet with a hasp on it, all she needs is a lock to protect her valuables. I will bring her a key-lock tomorrow.

Sandy and I will go out for lunch tomorrow. I am looking forward to it. We have gone out to dinner and a meeting for the last 4 years on Friday nights, but that is not working for us anymore. It will be good to see her.

I am grateful that today was a good day and I am looking forward to another pleasant day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment