Gratitude for Relationships

My sponsor and I have taken to meeting on Monday afternoons at 3 PM. We meet at the library, chat for a few minutes, read to each other from pamphlets and such, discuss and then meditate for three minutes. After meeting for 90 minutes, I do some quick grocery shopping and then go to a meeting at Coastal Treatment facility at 5 PM.

Today's mindful meditation was, as faithful readers might expect, on gratitude. I had a novel experience for me today in that while 'visualizing' my gratitude, my focus was on the great relationships I have in my life. Charlie, Margie, Leslee, Sandy, Carol and others are the best relationships with friends that I have ever had in my life. They don't ask me for much (if anything) and I don’t ask them for much. We just spend time together, have high regard for each other, and support each other to be in gratitude and spirituality.

My new roommate Elma is awesome. She cleaned the kitchen including the pantry and behind the refrigerator. I love having a really clean kitchen. After that, she made Beef Wellington, spinach salad and French bread for dinner. Okay, the Beef Wellington was frozen merely needing to be baked for 30 minutes and the French bread just needed to be sliced. Still, it was an awesome dinner. We sat together at the table enjoying food and companionship. Elma even declined my offer to do the dishes after dinner. She is skyrocketing up the list to be one of my favorite roommates ever!

Monday was a great day, for that I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment