Electronic toys

I am not a very materialistic person with not nearly as many material possessions as most others in my community.  

In the last year I have been on a veritable shopping spree buying a BluRay DVD player, giant LCD TV, and a laptop . This was my first laptop although I have owned computers since  1982 when I bought a VIC 20 for $250.

My birthday is coming up soon.  My sister sent me a Amazon Kindle ebook reader.  It came today.  I already have three books downloaded on it.  The primary reason for getting an ebook reader was to have access to many more large print books and novels.  I loved to read while laying on my side in bed since I was a child.  That does not work so well while wearing reading glasses.  Cranking up the font size on the Kindle solves that problem.

I am grateful that I have lived long to get older and for the modern electronic devices that make my life better.

No comments:

Post a Comment