Being able to help others

Since I started reading and blogging about gratitude, I have a new found powerful sense of being able to help others by making a positive impact on their lives. In turn, learning more about their lives makes me much more grateful for the gifts in my life.

I am blessed with sobriety, serenity and gratitude in my mind along with enough money for food, a nice apartment, clothes and a car to get around with. The more I help others in need by saving the world one person at a time, the better I feel about my life.

Much of my life, my mind was filled with negative self-talk. In recovery, I learned ways to quiet those depressing thoughts. With gratitude, I now have tools to immediately change the self-talk from negative to positive self-talk by merely thinking about what I am grateful for. That is more progress in 2 months than what I made in years of therapy---although to be fair, it was years of therapy that got me to a place where I could be grateful.

Today was sunny and life is good by the grace of a kind loving higher power.

No comments:

Post a Comment