Got Some Exercise Yesterday--My Newest Habit


My life is excessively sedentary—even for a paraplegic using a wheelchair for mobility.  Yesterday I used my desktop hand-bike for a couple of minutes for the first time in at least a year.  A couple of minutes is not much by way of absolute time.  It is a huge improvement in the relative time spent exercising from how it was.  Progress, not perfection.

The daily habits of writing, reading, meditating, meetings and now exercise make my life simple and better.  I often want to skip a meeting.  Practicing going every day by going every day is a great habit.  Had a half-dozen “good” rationalizations for not going to a meeting last night.  Felt a lot better after I left the meeting for having experienced the fellowship at the meeting and for consistently good self-care on a daily basis.

I am grateful for the skills I have developed this year in learning new habits, for the new habits and how they make my life better.

No comments:

Post a Comment