Becoming More Spiritual


From today’s Daily Reflections,   “The word “entered” . . . and the phrase “entered into the world of the Spirit” are very significant. They imply action, a beginning, getting into, a prerequisite to maintaining my spiritual growth, the “Spirit” being the immaterial part of me. Barriers to my spiritual growth are self-centeredness and a materialistic focus on worldly things.
            Spirituality means devotion to spiritual instead of worldly things, it means obedience to God’s will for me. I understand spiritual things to be: unconditional love, joy, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, self-control and humility. Any time I allow selfishness, dishonesty, resentment and fear to be a part of me, I block out spiritual things. As I maintain my sobriety, growing spiritually becomes a lifelong process. My goal is spiritual growth, accepting that I’ll never have spiritual perfection.”

Becoming more spiritual or having greater faith in a higher power makes me less fearful.  I have made great progress in living a more spiritual life.  The good news is that as I get more spiritual, I have more faith and trust in a spiritual program of action thus wanting even more spirituality.  The bad news is that I still have a long long ways to go.  Progress, not perfection.

I am grateful for my many spiritual blessings such as more faith and less fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment