a glorious day of college football

I have not watched college football bowl games for several years as a result of giving up cable TV service and the games being shown on the ESPN cable network. Live sports events were the thing I missed most after giving up cable service.

The cheapest cable package at my apartment complex is now $60+ taxes+”fees”. I can afford the $60+/month, but am adamantly opposed to being treated luck a chump by a cable service, Ygnition, deliberately designed to gouge people living in apartment complexes.

I was able to access the games via a friends cable network online access to ESPN3. It was an incredibly weekend of college bowl games. A half-dozen of the ones I watched came down to the last play. One time never lead (had 4 ties) and won the game in overtime. There was a time when I had 3 games on my TV at once. There was room for a 4th game, but there were only 3 games to choose from. It was non-stop football with no commercials if I changed between audio channels between the 3 games whenever a commercial came on.

There are a three more bowl games to go. Hopefully they will be exciting games for the fans to watch. It can’t be as good as 6 bowl games in one day or 3 games at one time.

I am grateful for the miracle of internet TV and a generous friend that shared their login info with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment