the first snow of the season

Last winter (2010-11) was an La Nina winter. We had a foot of snow that lasted for much of the Thanksgiving weekend. This year is also a La Nina winter. We got our first snow today. I am very grateful for the extra two months with no snow.

I had wondered where the missing jetstream had gone to. It turns out the jetstream was 1500 miles NW of Seattle dumping a whopping 18 feet of snow on the small town of Cordova, Alaska along with the worst storm in decades that happened last November.

I am grateful for having the resources to stay warm and cozy on a cold snowy winter day. I watched NFL playoff games, read my kindle, made chicken teriyaki for dinner, tuned up my computer network, called some friends and wrote a few emails. It was a good day. It is good to be well engaged and entertained while home alone on even the coldest of winter days.

No comments:

Post a Comment