a comedy trio in Kirkland with MJ

Went to the Kirkland Comedy Club tonight with MJ. We ate some snacks and split a chicken burger.

The comedians were sort of okay. Comedy is tough. Either it is really good, barely passable or it sucks. These guys were variations on barely passable that got a few laughs. The headliner was the best and was at least entertaining as he worked the crowd adding responses from audience members as he quizzed the crowd to make an entertaining semi-dialogue.

After having a tough Monday visiting my mother and staying home for a couple of days, I was in the mood to stay home and isolate some more. I did not want to cancel on MJ. It was good to get out, talk with others and see the world. I am still a bit twisted sideways in my head and need more meetings. For today, comedy was good enough.

I am grateful for friends, low-budget live entertainment and getting out of my apartment so I can stop doing "my own best thinking" (nearly always an intellectual and emotional disaster).

No comments:

Post a Comment