Panama Papers

From The Guardian

The Panama Papers are an unprecedented leak of 11.5m files from the database of the world’s fourth biggest offshore law firm, Mossack Fonseca. The records were obtained from an anonymous source by the German newspaper Süddeutsche Zeitung, which shared them with the International Consortium of Investigative Journalists (ICIJ). The ICIJ then shared them with a large network of international partners, including the Guardian and the BBC.

Tonight’s spiritual principle word was justice.  There is little justice in our legal system for those with absolute power.  Today the PM of Iceland was forced out of office for laundering money.   As a result of these leaks, many more leaders will face consequences from their actions.  Our legal systems are near-powerless to stop international money laundering.  The court of public opinion loaded fueled by outrageous documented examples of corruption  and theft has much more power.

I am grateful for whistleblowers everywhere.   It is our best chance for the little guy to fight back against corruption to get at least a slice of justice against the predators that destroy our economies with their greed and despotism.


2 comments:

  1. Most of those world leaders lived in countries they controlled a lot of the peoples money plain and simple..The rich at the top of the heap of human mankind get lots of perks, squirreling away money from their condtiuents is one of them, I have never ever liked Putin whatsoever and that fellow from Iceland what a baddass in my book..If Trump becomes the republican candidate it is all over in this country and I know the Hills will get the presidency that is Hillary Rodham Clinton, even though I absolutely adore Bernie Sanders who has the guts to tell it like it is, it reminds me of 1968 and how condidates really told it like it was up until dr. martin luther king jr. and Robert Kennedy were killed which changed our country forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I worked in a govt. office and worked with a lady who came in late for one full year..I gently reminded the boss of this, I nearly lost my job and was treated like a pariah but I persevered and learned her mother was dying from a horrible disease I eased up and had compassion for her and did a lot of her work..When she retired soon after her mother passed she worked there 38 years and knew everything, she thanked me for my compassion and the rest of the crew acted like yahoos, even the boss did not want to send flowers, etc. I think people get used left and right and have no recourse whatsoever, now they are making a made for tv movie about Anita Hill, hell I worked with men who said far worse then that Clarence Thomas fellow and I had to take it for a paycheck, but I have noticed Karma is a real bitch and many get theirs I have lived long enough to see it..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete