NCAA Basketball Champion Villanova Beats North Carolina

My friend Mark called from Houston yesterday letting me know he was going to watch Villanova play basketball tonight.   Turned out that Villanova was in the men’s NCAA championship game with North Carolina.  I did not know that.  So much for my being a fan of March Madness (nickname for the playoff games in March).

We are going to have lunch on Friday for the first time in well over a year.  I watched the game as best I could.   It has all too often felt like it takes 20 minutes to play the last 60 seconds of a college basketball game with way too many commercials and time-outs for my enjoyment.

This was a great game with many lead changes.  NC won the first half and Villanova won the second half by an even bigger margin with a last second 3-pointer to win the game.  It was Villanova first championship in 31 years.

I am sure Mark enjoyed the game.  He grew up in Philly near the ‘Nova campus.

I played basketball for 7 years after I was paralyzed.   It was a great experience with lots of exercise and camaraderie with other guys in wheelchairs.  They taught me a lot about life in a wheelchair and we traveled to places I would not have otherwise gone.


I am grateful for the great game of basketball.

No comments:

Post a Comment