Changing Conclusions

Went to an NA meeting this morning that I have been attending for nearly two years on a sporadic basis.  There was way too much syrupy sunshine being blown around the room by people talking out of their butts for my taste.  I might go back next year when they have a different secretary and hopefully less cult of personality with more Traditions.

Was going to have my roommate move out by July due to yelling and conflict issues back in January.   We have been doing much better since then and really well for the last couple of weeks.

This was the third time I have asked her to leave.   I/we need better conflict resolution skills than “get out” and then “okay, you can stay”.   Progress not perfection.

I am grateful to have the wisdom and free will to change my mind to get results that will make my life better and not be stuck on a bad choice due to pride, ego or lack of change management skills.



 PS: Was going to give a shout-out to John Maynard Keynes for a quote to the effect of “when the facts change, I change my conclusions”, but there is conflicting web info as to whether or not he actually said anything like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment