A wonderful dinner with a great friend




Tonight I met a friend for dinner and a meeting.  We started at a meeting in the local 12-step hall.  Not my favorite meeting due to a crowded room and random low levels of living in the solution (or not).  Nonetheless, it counts as a meeting in my book and that is always a good thing.

Our choices were pizza in the U-district or Mona's Bistro.  My friend does not do so well with dairy and so we went for the bistro.  It was about 4 blocks off the freeway.  After driving around the greater Greenlake area, called for directions and bee-lined over for dinner.   At first, we were in the wrong beer-hall/restaurant that was next door.  Once we got in the right place, things picked up.

We had a large salads and 'small plates'.  My Arugula Caesar salad was delicious.  Gigi had the warm spinach salad.  She had the shrimp tacos and I had the bbq steak tartare sliders.   The sliders were small burgers done medium rare with a killer delicious sauce, cheese tomato and onions.  3 of the best (mini) burgers I have ever had the pleasure of dining on.  After that, we had warm brownies with vanilla ice cream.  There were huge portions of warm delicious brownies topped with a nice vanilla ice cream.

The waitress was awesome answering all our questions with a patient, kind and pleasant demeanor (we had a lot of questions).

A great evening with a wonderful friend at a fantastic bistro with delicious food and great service.  I am grateful that Gigi has been my friend for a decade, and that she called me out to dinner and a meeting tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment