Classier problems

By nature, I am more than willing to stay home and isolate by myself from the world (and my friends) left to my own best thinking. Fortunately for me, my HP has seen fit to stop that by giving my car a small electrical problem. If I don't drive my car every day, the battery goes dead on the 2nd or 3rd day. My mechanic could not find the problem. The throw money at it solution could easily run into thousands of dollars for new alternator, starter, voltage regulator, wiring harnesses, etc. The simple healthy solution is for me to go meet with friends or go to a meeting every day. That is definitely a higher-powered problem in my book!

Another task I have taken on is persuading my 12-step program to put together a series of articles by members on gratitude into a 100ish page compilation handbook. After searching the King County Library System, Amazon and Google, I did not find a lot of books specifically on gratitude. There are lots of self-help books on feeling better, happier, more spiritual, etc, but not so many on gratitude. It turns out my 12-step program has an online digital archive of 27,000 articles with 1790 articles containing the world gratitude. It costs $30/year for unlimited access. That was a total buy. I have already spent over $100 on books with far less material. Definitely a higher-powered project.

My problems are a lot classier today than they used to be. For that, I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment