My cats

 

I had a good day on Monday. Gave Gigi a ride to the airport, pizza for lunch with Dan, nice meeting with my sponsor, a meeting at a treatment center and a pleasant phone conversation with Tracy.

Gigi's birthday is at the end of January and mine is on March 5th. We have taken to celebrating our birthdays with each for weeks and months at a time. I got off the first round today with the ride to the airport and by giving her a book on Great Places to Kiss in the Puget Sound area. That works really well teaching me how to have several good days instead of getting hung up on having a 'perfect' day.

When I was having a 'perfect' time, I would get hung up on future tripping in wanting the moment to last forever instead of simply enjoying the moment. That would immediately block a given moment from being really good since I was no longer in the moment. I have made tremendous progress with that and am grateful to have Gigi for a really good friend in my life.

While trying to decide what to write about for this post, I looked around my living room. My cats came up as a worthy subject of gratitude. I have two cats named Jenny and (June) Bug. We have been together for almost 5 years. They are both short-haired spayed females. They are friendly loving cats that will come out and say 'hi' when I have guests over—as opposed to hiding in the bedroom. It makes me look like I am a really good pet owner to have friendly cats that are not scaredy cats afraid of people. The reality is they are cats, I really had little to do with their somewhat outgoing cat personalities. I got lucky in my pet picks when I got them.

Jenny is a bit of a talker. Bug is not a talker, but has a motor when it comes to purring. Bug will ride in my lap when I am rolling around my apartment in my wheelchair. Both of them are low maintenance kitties that have that cat way of being in the same room as me while acting as if they were completely unaware of my presence.

I love my cats and am grateful that they are so friendly, well-behaved and healthy.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment