Life in prison


For 9.5 years, I have been going to 12-step meetings at the Washington State Reformatory in Monroe.   Leslee and I went again tonight.  As always, it was a good meeting.  There were six inmates at the meeting.  One guy has 30 years of meetings in prison and the new kid was at his second meeting.

They inmates look just like the people I used to run around with.   I would not want to have to spend the rest of my life (or any part thereof) in prison.

I am grateful for my freedom today.  I always get a great dose of serenity & humility when I see the serenity the inmates have even while living in a stressful place.

I am also grateful that I got to have lunch at Molbaks Nursery with my friend Tracy today.   She is a great mother and she makes me laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment