Crisp apples


Since I was a child, apples have always been one of my favorite fruits. 

Back in the day, Red Delicious apples were small, crisp and slightly tart.  Now they are large red bland mushy inbreds.  

Today my favorite apples are Braeburns, Honeycrisps, and Fujis.  Tonight I had an organic Fuji for dessert.  It was cold, crisp and delicious with a slightly tart aftertaste.

I love the wide selection of fresh fruits available from local grocers.  When things are out of season here, they are often in season in Mexico, Chile or Canadian greenhouses.  Apples are often stored in oxygenless nitrogen-filled coolers so that they can be sold as fresh fruit all year long.

I am grateful for a variety of apples and other awesome fresh fruit available at local grocery stores.

No comments:

Post a Comment