Still Muddling Along



There are many choices in my life that I could have done differently with an eminently reasonable expectation of better results.   For whatever reasons due to nature or nurture, I was gifted with a huge streak of self-destructive behavior that continues to manifest itself in my life.

That crap sucks and it would be great if it were different.  However, I am blessed to still be alive with reasonable cognitive ability.  I am still working on making a better life for myself and those around me.   That is a lot better than any of the alternatives.

This topic came to mind (again) with details of the death of the musician formerly known as Prince.   He was my age, hugely successful and seems to have died from opiate addiction at the age of 57.  

I am grateful to be alive and of sound mind so that I can continue to work on making a better life for myself and others. 



No comments:

Post a Comment