Being Of Service

Got a call from a new guy that I meet last week at a meeting.  He had relapsed on meth and alcohol and wanted a ride to the ER due to concerns about possibly overdosing/having heart problems.  My roommate and I went to get him 20 minutes away, gave him a ride to the local ER, ran our errands for the next several hours and then gave him a ride home.  It seems that his heart was okay after they give him a pill to lower his blood pressure.  We will meet again on Saturday to go to workshop on sponsorship.


I am grateful to have been of service to another addict in need of help.   It got my roommate and I out of ourselves and into service to another still suffering addict.  After never having done this together in the last 3+ years, this is the second time we have done this in a month.

No comments:

Post a Comment