Refugees

According to Google (matching donar site) the biggest refuge and migrant crisis in Europe, the Middle East and Africa is affecting the most people since WWII.  The people in the videos I saw were healthy young men that made it to Europe.  By extrapolation, the aged, women and children are being left behind.

One of my favorite quotes on war is “war is a place where old men send young men off to die”.  If those declaring war had to do the fighting and dying, there would be a lot less war.

For my entire life, the USA has spent more money on defense than any other country and usually more than the next 20 countries lumped together.  That was not a good investment in long-term well-being for anybody put the owners of the military-congressional-industrial complex that Eisenhower warned about.

The biggest problem in my locality is the construction noise while the siding is being replaced on my 180 unit apartment complex.   That is a first world problem.

I am grateful to have a stable safe peaceful place to live where immigrants to our local community come to work at Microsoft and Amazon as opposed to fleeing for their lives.


No comments:

Post a Comment