Seahawks have an NFL playoff game

The Seahawks were the best of the NFL Worst (West) this year. The Seahawks are the largest home NFL playoff underdog in the last 25 years, and they're tired of hearing about how a 7-9 team doesn't belong in the postseason and has a home game. Since Qwest Field opened in 2002, Seattle holds a 4-1 mark in playoff games, winning the last four, while the Saints are 0-3 all-time in road playoff games.

Off to a great start with my goal of blogging about gratitude 5x/week for the first week of 2011. Only 51 weeks to go!
Serendipitous benefits to my gratitude focus has been an amazing increase in empathy and bonding with others. For much of my life, I knew that I did not bond that tightly with others. Some might see it as a shortage of loyalty to friends. For years in my recovery, I felt like I lacked a bonding molecule in my brain like serotonin-for-bonding. I attribute my bonding problems to family of origin issues. I now have a recovery family that is always kind and supportive instead of being critical for my own good.
I have had a fantastic time with my adventures in gratitude. I have learned some positive psychology, had great conversations with others and heard stories that I would not have otherwise heard. I also go to be of service to others in ways to that were new for me.
A friend died last Saturday. We had not seen much of each other for 8 years and then we got together a handful of times this last year for lunch or to go shooting pistols. I am extremely grateful for good memories of our last few outings togething. RIP M.O..
Being/feeling grateful feels really good. Writing about gratitude enhances that feeling. There is a strong positive feedback loop to my writing more about gratitude. Today, life is very good!

No comments:

Post a Comment