Saying Grace

"You say grace before meals. All right. But I say grace before the concert and the opera, and grace before the play and pantomime, and grace before I open a book, and grace before sketching, painting, swimming, fencing, boxing, walking, playing, dancing and grace before I dip the pen in the ink." — G. K. Chesterton

   I started writing this early in the AM with the GKC quote. Now it is late in the evening and I did not get any further. I want to post something to be 'complete' with my journaling for the day. Fortunately for me, there is not a minimum size constraint for my gratitude blog.
   Actually, my preference is to write posts that are a few hundred words long for two reasons. One reason is to keep the posts readable and the other reason is so that I keep the journaling/blogging down to a pleasant manageable task that can be done in a timely fashion.
   Today I had lunch with Mark. We had a pleasant conversation and I gave him a ride back to his office. He is going to write a gratitude list. He carries a gratitude list in his pocket. That is a bit like me carrying a picture of me at the gym in my pocket. It is not nearly the same as working out, but it is better than nothing.
   I missed a couple of days of working out and have been back at it for the last two days. I am grateful for that. My workouts are 10-minutes on a hand-cycle. Naturally I would like them to be more robust, but that is infinitely better than doing nothing. Progress, not perfection.

No comments:

Post a Comment