Trudging Along


Page 164 of the big book of Alcoholics Anonymous is the last page of directions on how to work the AA program of recovery.  That is followed another 400 pages of personal stories and appendices beginning with Dr Bob’s Nightmare—which is the story of how AA co-founder Dr Bob Smith of Akron Ohio got sober.

Our book is meant to be suggestive only. We realize we know only a little. God will constantly disclose more to you and to us. Ask Him in your morning meditation what you can do each day for the man who is still sick. The answers will come, if your own house is in order. But obviously you cannot transmit something you haven't got. See to it that your relationship with Him is right, and great events will come to pass for you and countless others. This is the Great Fact for us.

Abandon yourself to God as you understand God. Admit your faults to Him and to your fellows. Clear away the wreckage of your past. Give freely of what you find and join us. We shall be with you in the Fellowship of the Spirit, and you will surely meet some of us as you trudge the Road of Happy Destiny.

May God bless you and keep you - until then.

I struggle with depression, obesity and other health care issues in my journey on the road of happy destinies.  Nonetheless, I continue to trudge along.

I am grateful to be where I am at today.   My basic needs of food, shelter, clean water and good relationships are all met.   My biggest problem is my own best thinking.   The 12-step solution for that is a better relationship with a power greater than myself that many choose to call god.  I know that my solutions to my problems tend to result in abject misery.  I am blessed to know and believe in better alternatives.


No comments:

Post a Comment