One Month and 35 Years



It has been a month since my last Gratitude blog post.  No particular plan there other than lacking the gumption to post.    Achieving 1400 posts exceeded all my hopes and expectations when I started this blog in late 2012.   It would be good to keep blogging on a daily basis, but for now I am ready for a break.

35 years ago today on June 18th, 1981, I was paralyzed in a tractor accident while logging near Mt St Helens when I was 22 years old.   It could have been worse.   It could have been better.

I am grateful for having written these 1400 posts on gratitude, it has helped rewire my brain (“the neurons that fire together wire together”) in a better way with my compassion and empathy for myself and others.  I am also grateful to be alive with good medical insurance and a decent pension.


No comments:

Post a Comment