Facing My Fears

For a bunch of reasons that are ultimately self-destructive, I am a very private person that does not easily let people into my life or even my home.  I am unreasonably afraid of rejection and humiliation.

Sponsorship is a key part of 12-step recovery.  I have not sponsored nearly as many others in recovery as would have been good for me.   My life is poorer as a direct result of my not working with others nearly as much as I could have.

I am going to a sponsorship workshop this weekend.  It is another step in my efforts to do a better job in being of service to others and getting out of myself.

I am grateful for 12-step programs in showing, teaching and having me practice better ways to live my life that what I can come up with on my own best thinking.


No comments:

Post a Comment