Alanon

Alanon has helped family members of alcoholics and addicts since before anyone ever even thought of the name Alcoholics Anonymous back when Bill and Lois first began having meetings in their home on Clinton Street in New York City.

My sister, like all other sober people in my life, wants to help me not relapse again.   Her proposed method if I did not take a specific action backfired by raising my defences, causing  hurt, and leading this alcoholic mind to spending a sleepless thinking how I could show her she was wrong by smoking more crack.

I am grateful for the help that Alanon has yielded to friends and family members of alcoholics.  It takes some of the senselessness out of the insanity of addiction and also results in a much higher sobriety rate for their loved ones in AA.  

No comments:

Post a Comment