A Useful Consistency

It is my goal to write Gratitude blog post and go to a meeting every day.  On Friday, we went to a meeting at the regular mid-morning time and then met with our sponsors at Crossroads.  I usually write my post by midnight.  It was 3:30 AM when I started my post.  Late is far and away better than never.

My alcoholic mind would love to convince me that skipping a day now and then would be okay with no major downside.  Using that logic, I went from swimming almost every day to once in the last month.  My new plan for swimming is to go twice a week on Tuesdays and Thursdays.  I will do my best to make that happen.

I have been blessed with much insight and personal growth in the last year.  One promising result will be to transform myself from being a victim filled with excessive self-pity into taking ownership and being responsible for my happiness and well-being.  All I have to do is take right action to consistently overcome my self-sabotaging behaviors.

Five of us had an intense discussion at Crossroads today.  It was couched in terms of relapse, sobriety and being powerless over alcohol.  The true gist of the discussion was about the responsibilities of being honest, open and willing to take right action.


I am grateful for my recently-found consistency with daily meetings and Gratitude blog posts along with love and support from my friends—even when it is a bit confrontational.

No comments:

Post a Comment