reading good books in a series sequentially

I love to read, especially hard/milatary science fiction. A favorite method of reading selection is to find an author I like and read all of the books in a series. It leads to a bit of an author overdose, but also makes for easy remembering of what happened in the preceding books in a series. Currently, I am on my 4th book in the Lt. Leary series by David Drake that I started reading last week.

Drake is in no danger of winning a Nobel prize for literature. That is okay. I read for escapist pleasure, not to think about deep philosophical perspectives that strike me as high-falutin nonsense.

The Daniel Silva books with the character Gabriel Allon are a nice example of the spy-vs-spy books in a series. Unfortunately, I have not read them sequentially. It is nice to have a favorite author waiting in reserve for when I finish the Lt. Leary series.

I am grateful for my Kindle, Baen e-books, story development over books in a series and authors I enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment