cookie night social

A member of our homegroup suggested we have a cookie night social. Another member works every other Sunday. We got snowed out on our first try, conflicted with the Superbowl in a fortnight and finally had our cookie social last night. It went well with a dozen people showing up somewhere between as much as an hour and 20 minutes before minutes before the meeting started. It went well for a meeting of 20ish people.

The strange part of that was I became the de facto organizer. That was rare experience. I am a great idea guy and do projects on my own. Rarely do I organize events involving more than one other person. Granted bring cookies and show-up early is not the most complex organizational project every completed. Nonetheless I distinctly felt a mild strange sensation of recognizing that I had organized a party as I was on my way out the door.

I have rented a hall for Gratitude Dinner for the last 11 years whilst meticulously avoiding any sort of organization project for the dinner such as setup, buffet table restocking, etc. Weird.

I am grateful that our cookie night social was a pleasant success.

No comments:

Post a Comment