almost my birthday -or- spring is in the air

My birthday is March 5th. I love having my birthday in early March. By late February, the first signs of spring are in the air. Yesterday, I saw some pussy willow buds on a tree. The growth rate for grass goes from nonexistent to starting to look alive. The days are back up to 11 hours of daylight and getting longer by 3.3 minutes per day.

While not a big believer in astrology, I am an archetypal Pisces. I see two sides to every issue. There have been times when I wished I had more dogmatic or absolutist beliefs about issues. The closest I come to being dogmatic in my views is being in favor of more science/math/economics education for everyone. Even then I can't just be in favor of more education. I have my concerns about the creationists teaching evolution.

I am grateful for the return of the sun. It is a wonderful birthday gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment