a good week (for a new project PC)

I enjoyed a pleasant week and am quite delighted by the profound change in my thinking that led to my having a nice week. I did enjoy some retail therapy when shopping for software and then computer parts. The need for computer parts started with a simple upgrade that resulted to a dead PC. Most likely the motherboard died when from being touched by my hand or wire insulation.

In the past, mechanical problems would provoke my abandonment issues causing me to feel alone, lonely and small inside. This week I got to feel grateful for having two other working PCs, money to afford to buy upscale parts to fix my PC and the skills to put the parts together. Plus, I had planned on buying a new PC in the next six months to run Windows 8 on. My PC problems turned into a good excuse to buy new guts for the computer so that it would be all new on the inside. The new mobo did not fit in the old case, so I also had a good reason to buy a new case. Once I put it altogether and get Windows 7 installed, I will have an awesome PC that is ridiculously overpowered for surfing the web!

Lacking many functional hobby activities, it will be a different experience to spend my time in creating something for me to use for years to come. It will be a nice hobby challenge to put the new PC together and get it working. There is no time stress since I still have working PCs. If none of my PCs were working, I would not go the do-it-yourself route.

I am grateful for all the resources in my life that allow me to buy fun projects that lead to useful devices while having a good time shopping, talking and working on a crafty project.

No comments:

Post a Comment