an embarrassment of reading riches

My friend and sponsor Charlie and I try to get together once a week. We caught up on our lives, read a random recovery piece and then discuss the philosophy of that.

A couple of months ago, he brought a book that referred to The Seven Laws of Hindu Spiritualism. Having found multiple copies of the Seven Laws last week, we read the first law today. The first law is there is an infinity of potential in our lives.

To go with that infinite potential, we read from two other books to acknowledge the literary blessings in our lives. All three readings discussed having great potential in our lives and that it is our responsibility to utilize that potential to our best advantage.

After that discussion, we walked across the Crossroads Mall parking lot to where my mother lives at the Sunrise Assisted living facility. Charlie is the second friend I introduced to my mother in the last 20 years. He did really well with her and she liked the attention.

I am grateful for the many reading riches and other resources in my life today.

No comments:

Post a Comment